Join us for a day (actually more like 10 minutes) of glory, celebration, and participation medals while raising money for a great cause — Blessings in a Backpack!
The second annual Blessings in a Backpack 0.5k will be held at 11 a.m. on June 13, 2020. The finish line and post-race party will be at The Pointe, located at 1205 E. Washington St., Louisville, KY 40206, in the Butchertown neighborhood.
This will be very fun, tongue-in-cheek event that will lampoon the typical 5K.
The Blessings in a Backpack 0.5K — that’s not a typo, our “race” is, in fact, only 546 yards — will incorporate all the typical race elements but without any of the training or effort. Think a 0.5K Euro-style sticker for your car, a hydration station at the halfway point that serves caffiene and carbs, and a medical tent that may or may not be manned. At the finish line, celebrate with a family friendly post-race party.
The 0.5K is created for folks who are NOT ready to go the extra mile. In fact, they aren’t even willing to go a mile at all, and actually barely even a quarter mile... but they are willing to have fun and poke fun at themselves, while raising money to help Blessings in a Backpack feed hungry kids in Louisville on the weekends!
- Get to the starting line early so you can stretch (0.3 miles is nothing to take too lightly)
- At the halfway point (that's a whopping .15 miles in), enjoy caffeine and carbs for energy
- Celebrate at the finish line at the family-friendly post-race party
(The starting line opens at 10:30 a.m.; race begins at 11 a.m. Post-party will close at 12:30 p.m.)
- Don't feel like running? Don't think you can make it the full distance? Then you should be a VIP
- For an additional $25, you don't have to run! Hitch a ride on the official 0.5k shuttle. How awesome is that?!
Goodies and Fun Stuff!
IF YOU WANT A T-SHIRT ON RACE DAY — AND WHO DOESN'T WANT ONE OF THESE BAD BOYS — YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE MAY 25, 2020. SHIRT SIZES ARE NOT GUARANTEED AFTER THIS DATE.
- All finishers will receive a pretentious oval Euro-style 0.5K sticker that you can attach to the rear window of your car to show everyone that a true athlete is behind the wheel
- T-shirts, of course
- Participation medals (everyone gets recognized for their achievements at this event, no matter how bad they are, because we are all about positivity and self-worth)
- Finish line photos
- Safety First! A possibly fully staffed, or not staffed at all, medical tent will be in place, you know, just in case
- Music at the finish line
- Post-”race” party at The Pointe
- And much more (as we think of things)
(six people per team)
Grab your besties, work wife, and wicked cool boss for a day (okay, it's more like 10 minutes) of glory, celebration, and comradery to raise money for Blessings in a Backpack! Everyone will take home a Blessings in a Backpack 0.5K swag bag and join in the post-race party. This is your chance to show the world that, even in the shortest of distances, teamwork makes the dream work! Corporate Teams will receive:
- Your logo on our event website
- Shout out at the event
- Option to include marketing materials in swag bags
- Six people per team
Can't make it to the "race?" It's okay... you can participate from the comfort of your couch! Virtual Participants will get a t-shirt, oval sticker, and medal just like everyone else so you can brag that you are a finisher of the 0.5K and no one will know any different. Plus, we'll send you a link to our Instagram page so you can watch the race live in our story.
Note: the registration fee includes the cost of shipping, and the swag will be shipped out in late June.
All the fun stuff aside, we are serious about the end result — to support Blessings in a Backpack’s Louisville programs. The money raised at this event will help send local kids home with backpacks full of food during the 2020/21 school year. And we'd really like your help! As a sponsor, your business will be associated with what we believe will be the funnest, coolest, and craziest event of the year. Levels start at $1,000 and include logo on marketing materials and swag, race entries, volunteer opportunities, and more!
Contact us below for more information.