Come out and join us for the second annual Black Bear Sprint Triathlon to benefit the Friends of the Smokies and celebrate triathlon with Fleet Feet Knoxville! This pool sprint triathlon is a USAT Sanctioned event showcasing the Springbrook Pool and the beautiful back roads of Alcoa.
- Swim 200 Yds - 4 laps in the Springbrook pool with a time trial self-seeded start with a 5 second space between athletes.
- Bike 9 miles - A fairly flat, beautiful course to gain speed and confidence on your bike ride!
- Run 3 miles - A shaded, flat-ish, run through the Springbrook greenways to finish in the Springbrook Parking lot.
Come join us for fun, a good training or competing opportunity, and fellowship with fellow triathletes and beginners alike! As a USAT Sanctioned event, you must either have a current USAT annual membership or purchase a one-day insurance.
Double Pool Challenge
New this year is the Double Pool Challenge. When you complete 2 pool sprint triathlons this season with Race Day Events and Fleet Feet Knoxville, you get a cool Fleet Feet Knoxville visor.
To earn a visor, you MUST complete:
EITHER the Trideltathon Sprint Triathlon OR Foothills Super Sprint Triathlon AND the Black Bear Sprint Triathlon.
Additional Information -
Packet Pickup: You may pick up your packets including your bib at the following times. Make sure you have a photo ID and either your USAT card or proof of a purchased one-day insurance. You are unable to pick up for others.
- Fri Aug 2 10a-7p at Fleet Feet Knoxville, 11619 Parkside Dr, Knoxville, TN 37934
- Sat Aug 3 6a-7a at Springbrook Pool, 636 Vose Rd, Alcoa, TN 37701
Triathlon Clinic: Whether you are a first time triathlete or just need a refresher on a topic, this triathlon clinic may be for you. We will be discussing everything from transition setup to race strategy.
- Fri Aug 2 6p at Fleet Feet Knoxville, 11619 Parkside Dr, Knoxville, TN 37934
Awards: Awards will be presented for the following: Overall M/F, Overall Master M/F (40+), Overall Grand Master M/F (50+), Overall Veteran M/F (60+), Top 3 Relay Teams, Top 3 in each age group: 1-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70+.
Registration Fee schedule: sign up today before the price goes up. Here is the registration fee schedule:
- Individual Age Group
- Through July 6th - $30
- July 7th to July 13th - $40
- July 14th to August 2nd - $50
- Race Day Registration - $60
- Registration Fees - Relay Team
- Through July 6th - $45
- July 7th to July 13th - $55
- July 14th to August 2nd - $65
- Race Day Registration - $75
Volunteer With Us: We need your help. We have volunteer opportunities starting the week before the race and leading up to race morning. You can still run the race & volunteer! Coming to cheer on the races but want to help? Sign up to be a course monitor and make sure the runners don't make a wrong turn! There is lots to set up before the race and we could use your help. If you are interested, please sign up online or please email email@example.com.