Bernie's Run is a flat, achievable course for all to run or walk. Since 1984, it is a valued tradition celebrating our nation's birthday and representing the dream of one man, Bernie Hargadon, a past director our YMCA. Join us to continue this family friendly tradition!
At the Wilkes-Barre Family YMCA, we believe strengthening people leads to a stronger, more caring community. We work with people who share our beliefs and mission and show their support by giving their time, talent, and financial support. By inspiring and involving people, we live our mission and put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
The YMCA is a cause-driven organization focused on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Every day we nurture the potential of kids, help people live healthier lives, and support our neighbors in need--because we believe in strengthening our community.
Everyone deserves to be part of our YMCA, regardless of ability to pay. At the Y, our doors are open to all. Our financial aid program insures that promise. And it is through the generosity of local individuals, businesses, and special events that guarantees financial aid to all those in need. Together...we build strong communities!
Start Time: Saturday, July 4th - 8:30 AM
Location: Intersection of Market & River Streets (near Market St. Bridge)
Course: South Wilkes-Barre
Finish: Public Square
Bibs: Register before May 31st and receive a personalized race bib.
- Included with registration will be a red heather dryblend T-shirt - Classic Fit; 65% Polyester / 35% Cotton
- Sizes - YS, YM, YL, S, M, L, XL, XXL
- For an additional $3, participants can upgrade to a performance T-shirt (Not available in Youth Sizes). Sizes - S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Fabric: 100% polyester sonic heather interlock; Moisture-wicking and UV protection performance. Features: Team fit; Tag-free neckline; Cationic dyes to ensure superior brightness and excellent color fastness.
Awards: The top 3 Male and Female participants in both the Run and the Walk will receive special awards. The top 3 participants in each age category will receive medals as well as the top walker in each age category.
Age Groups: 10 & Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, 70 & Over.
Team Award: Largest team takes it all!
Registration Price: $15 Run / $10 Walk on March 26th, $20 Run / $15 Walk March 27th - June 28th, $25 Run / Walk on Race Day, July 4th.
*Race day registration opens at 7 AM - Cash or check only - Checks payable to: AllOne Charities
Packet Pickup: You can pick up your pre-registered packet at the YMCA front desk on July 1st, 2nd and 3rd during regular YMCA hours. There will be day of packet pickup at public square on July 4th from 7am to 8am.
FREE Kid's 1/2 Mile Fun Run Details
- FREE event
- Ages 2 to 10 years
- T-shirts given to pre-registered participants
- Medals awarded to all finishers
- Runners need to be at the starting line at 9 AM
- WHEN: Saturday, July 4th
- TIME: 9:15 AM
- START: INTERSECTION OF W. ROSS & SOUTH MAIN ST.
- FINISH LINE: PUBLIC SQUARE
- Pre-registration closes 6/28/2020
- Same day registration for the Kid's Fun Run takes place at the KIDS FUN RUN start beginning at 8:45 AM
- Shirts are not guaranteed for race day registrants
- Please arrive by 9 AM to be sure to have your child registered in time to race
BACK THIS YEAR
Start Mats! Bernie's Run will be officially timed from start to finish. Whether you choose to walk or run, we can give you an accurate time from when your cross the start to when you push through the shoot. Less jam up at the front line, easier for runners to take off and walkers can cross without commotion.
For safety for all, please make sure you line up behind the runners at the start. With a timed start, your chip will know when you cross the start line and begin timing your walk. Thank you!
*** NOTE ***
Pets are NOT allowed on race course.