BE A HERO AGAINST BULLYING! POSTPONED till OCTOBER 10th
The 6th Annual 5K Run, Walk, Roll Against Bullying is sponsored by Pickaway County Family & Children First Council’s Teen Task Force. Teen Task Force is a collaborative committee that includes schools, partner agencies and faith-based organizations who advise the Council concerning teen health, teen life style issues, and transition of youth into adulthood. The committee is committed to supporting students while at school, in the community, and on-line, and hosts this event for the purpose of being:
- Supportive: A time for students, parents and the community to show they care
- Educational: An opportunity to provide information on how to address bullying
- Memorable: An event that inspires and makes a difference.
Over 13 million children will be bullied this year. In Pickaway County, bullying causes students to feel unsafe at school, and it is a prominent reason listed for low attendance and graduation rates.
COSTUME CONTEST - Come dressed as your favorite Hero! Prizes will be awarded for the winning individual, family and group participant(s) costumes.
All proceeds from the Run, Walk, Roll Against Bullying will go to Pickaway Family and Children First Council: Teen Task Force. Teen Task Force initiatives include:
- Mentoring for at-rick youth
- Peer-advocacy programming in schools
- After-school mentoring and programming for teens
- Anti-Bullying club/programming at Founcations 4 Youth
- Grant funding and support to local community programs that support teens