This is the 7th Annual APK 5K Run/Walk & Ruck and Kids Fun Run in memory of Capt Andrew Pedersen-Keel. All proceeds of this year’s race will benefit the APK Direct Assistance Fund, the APK Endowment Fund with the Madison and Guilford Foundations, Special Forces Charitable Trust and Spike's K9 Fund.
The race will start and finish at Guilford Fairground and follows a certified, picturesque route. Access to the fairground is free and there will be plenty of opportunities for spectators to watch participants. Besides a 5K Run/Walk, there is also a 5K Ruck and a Kids Fun Run.
Long sleeved t-shirt to all run/walk and ruck participants and short sleeve shirt for kids (Limited to first 500 registrations. Sizes will be subject to availability)
Alternatively, if you want to support the event but cannot join us on race day in Guilford, how about participating in our Virtual Run / Ruck? Full details can be found here.
- 5K - A classic 5K run / walk road race. Awards will be given to overall and age group winners, but the event also welcomes less competitive recreational participants.
- Ruck March - Following the same route as the 5K Run/Walk, Ruck participants are expected to complete the course wearing a backpack containing a selection of items listed below.
- Advance packet pickup. soundRUNNER, Branford Friday Nov 6, 2020 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Race day - 08:00 am Registration Opens
- Race day - 09:30 am Kids Fun Run
- Race day - 10:00 am 5K Run/Walk - 5K Ruck start
- 5K Run/Walk - $30, then $35 on race day
- 5K Ruck - $30, then $35 on race day
- Kids Fun Run - $10
Please note: Attention Ruck Sack March participants!
Please bring a backpack with non-perishable food items with the following recommendations: for participants 150 lbs. and under – 10 lbs.; for participants over 150 lbs. – 20 lbs. The food donations shall be distributed to the Madison Food Pantry, The Guilford Food Pantry and The St George Food Pantry after the challenge.
PLEASE! NO GLASS CONTAINERS. Thank you.
- Canned Soup
- Peanut Butter and Jelly – in plastic containers
- Baked Beans
- Canned Vegetables
- Granola Bars
- Juice – in plastic containers
- 5K Run/Walk - 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall male and female finishers Challenge coins for age group winners, (Under 13, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+)
- 5K Ruck March .
- First Place Military Ruck March Team will receive a plaque bearing the famed Yarborough Green Beret Knife with their name engraved on the plaque to remain in their possession until next year’s Ruck March. In-addition, the winning civilian team will receive a plaque that will remain in their possession until next year’s Ruck March.
- First Place Civilian Ruck Team
- Please note: To qualify for these awards, a team consists of at least FIVE members.
No rain date, entry fees are non-refundable.