The $5- 5k is designed as a low-key race for the athletes who want to run a tune-up race to prepare for their targeted event, the novice who may be intimidated by the larger events and runners/walkers who want an event to test themselves without breaking the bank.
Race Fee Notes:
You can pre-register online at no cost using coupon code PAYATRACE, but must pay the $5 entry fee when you pick up your race bib on the day of the event.
Twin City Track Club Members will receive a full race discount of $5 for all $5 5K races - unlimited usage.
What you get:
- A 5k course that is accurate and well-marked
- Aid stations on the course and finish area that have water and Gatorade
- Mile Markers
- Clock at the finish line
- Accurate finishing times posted at the event and uploaded to the TCTC website ASAP
- Support for all levels of runners or walkers
What you don’t get:
- T-Shirts – don’t you have a closetful already?
- Food at the finish area, unless a local establishment wants to provide something – any takers?
- Verbal splits, unless we have a plethora of volunteers
- Medals or trophies – we may have gift certificates that are awarded based on varying criteria
- The events will occur at Jamison Park, which is located next to Meadowlark School (401 Meadowlark Dr.) The course is a flat out and back on the Muddy Creek Greenway that starts at Jamison Park, turns around at Robinhood Rd and returns to the Park. This is a PR course for the competitive and nice easy course for the novice.
Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 6:30pm
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 6:30pm
Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 6:30pm
Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 6:30pm
Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 6:30pm
Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 6:30pm
Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 6:00pm (Starting earlier for daylight finish)
You can pre-register online at no cost using coupon code PAYATRACE, but must pay the $5 entry fee when you pick up your race bib on the day of the event. Race day signup and bib pickup begins 45 minutes prior to the race start. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
As the name says- $5. Correct change is appreciated. Credit/debit cards also accepted; service fee applies.
Yes, we need you. Contact Jim Wade: Wadejpm@gmail.com
This $5-5K race series is sponsored by the Twin City Track Club. You do not have to be a TCTC member to participate. However, we think you would enjoy the benefits of a TCTC membership and we would love to have you.